Women In Touch
A Community Service Organization
To become a member of Women In Touch, download and submit the
application form. We seek like minded women in the Montgomery Area
to become part of our organization.
We limit ourselves to fifteen active members. We find that we
work well as a small cohesive unit.
We do solicit volunteers to assist when we have a special project
where extra womanpower is needed.
PARTIAL LIST OF WOMEN IN TOUCH PROJECTS:
- Provides scholarships for high school
seniors and college students
- Sponsored the Children’s Arts Festival in 2000 at the Cleveland
- Assisted with Habitat for Humanities home building projects
- Partners in Education with E. D. Nixon Elementary School and
Southside Primary School in Selma, Alabama
- Worked with the Marines Toys for Tots project
Provides monetary assistance to needy families for medical bills, utilities, etc.
Worked with the SKIP Program (Saving Kids of Incarcerated Parents)
Sponsored outings for children at Brantwood Children’s Home
Co-sponsors the annual Mother/Daughter Banquet with the Cleveland Avenue
Works with the Sickle Cell Radio-thon
Works with the Kidney Foundation Walk-a-thon
Adopts family for Thanksgiving
Adopt families for Christmas
Visits and provides goodies to Nursing Home patients